6/11/2019

Two Challenge Tuesday - Another Double Duty Card

I have another card that does double duty for challenges - a sketch and color challenge.
Here is the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches:
https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2019/06/challenge-325-sketch.html
And the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers - Old Olive, Calypso Coral and Mint Macaron:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=CC743&x=16&y=9
I struggled a bit at first with the colors; I had a difficult time seeing the mint with the other two.  I have maintained for a long time that any color can go with any other color given the right ratio and perhaps a third color, so my challenge was to figure out that mix for these.  My original plan was to focus on the coral and olive but as you can see THAT wasn't in the cards.  I really like how the coral ended up as the accent color and the mint is front and center.  An unexpected choice for me, but one I like.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Animal Outing and Lilypad Lake
Dies: Stampin' Up! Animal Friends and Layering Circles, MFT Stitched Arch and Arched Frames
Ink: Stampin' Blends - Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate, Old Olive, Ivory; Memento Black, Calypso Coral
Paper: Whisper White thick, Mint Macaron, Garden Lane

(Full disclsoure - I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and have links to my demo site above.  If you don't have a current demonstrator I would love to help you with your stamping needs.)

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment