6/14/2019

I Think I'll be a Unicorn!

I love this pretty, floral unicorn die and found the perfect sentiment for it in my stash - "Always be yourself (unless you can be a unicorn)".
I started this card completely opposite of how I usually work.  I normally color or make my images and then work on layout.  For this one, I had the layout immediately in mind and worked on that first.

After placing the main elements I worked on the other parts of the card.  I colored my leaves in three shades of green and the flowers in various shades of warm colors.  I just chose whatever seemed to go with the lavender and mint that I had picked.  Then I began to randomly layout and glue the greenery and flowers along the curve that I had cut. 
I somewhat lost the curve in the greenery but I'm still pleased with the asymmetrical look. My final step was to use several coats of Wink of Stella on the horn and add some rhinestones and pearls interspersed in the flowers and greenery for a little extra sparkle.
Dies: Cottage Cutz Floral Unicorn
Stamps: Stamping Bella Unicorn Sentiment Set
Ink: Distress Oxide
Card Stock: Stampin' Up! Soft Sea Foam and Purple Posy

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment