6/25/2019

A Few Giraffes Birthday Card

The Animal Outing stamp set is one of those neglected sets in my stash.  I've had it for over a YEAR and am just now starting to use it.  (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who hordes supplies and doesn't use them.)  I'm trying to make a concerted effort to use those supplies.  So for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches this week I got out my Animal Outing set again.  I used it two weeks ago for another sketch challenge on that blog.
Here is the posted sketch:
https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2019/06/challenge-327-sketch.html
I altered the sketch slightly (I did not have a die that octagonal shape) and altered the height of the vertical elements.

To get my giraffe print in the background I lightly drew a line in pencil at the halfway point of my front panel (A2 size) and die cut the spots on either side, using one of the dies in the Animal Friends set.
I erased the pencil line on the edges, then wrapped a piece of the leaf ribbon and some linen thread around the panel. When I adhered it to a card base of Soft Suede it created the fun spots!

To finish off the card I cut a label shape using the Stitched Nested Label dies.  I used my Stamparatus to stamp the fun birthday sentiment "they say it's your birthday" from the Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set on the label. I then fixed it to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The giraffes themselves are colored with Stampin' Blends and die cut using Animal Friends.  I used a tip-to-tip method of coloring with the Mango Melody and Bronze to get the brown of the giraffe spots.  This method of touching the lighter color to the darker marker gives you a color somewhere in between.  I used the light Gray Granite to add a simple shadow on their necks and chin.

The two giraffes on the sides are glued directly to the Stitched Panel; the one in the center is raised with more Stampin' Dimensionals.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Animal Outing and Itty Bitty Birthdays
Dies: Stampin' Up! Animal Friends and Stitched Nested Labels
Ink: Stampin' Blends - Mango Melody Light and Dark, Bronze, Gray Granite Light;  ink Memento Black,
Paper: Whisper White thick, Soft Suede
Accessories: Linen Thread, Leaf Ribbon, Stamparatus, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

Full disclsoure - I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and have links to my demo site above.  If you don't have a current demonstrator I would love to help you with your stamping needs!

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.



post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is SUPER cute...you've got me thinking about those dies, now that I see them at work! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Love the negative die spots!

    ReplyDelete