3/05/2019

Purple Pisces Color Challenge 311

Happy Tuesday!  This week I have a color challenge card made for CAS Colours & Sketches.  Super fun colors - Blackberry Bliss, Pool Party and Highland Heather.
This is one of the Zodiac Girls from Stamping Bella and I thought it would be fun to blend that tail!  I used Copic markers color matched to the challenge colors as a base. Because this stamp has some very fine areas I did most of my blending and shading with Prismacolor pencils.
 In this photo you can see the base shading with the markers in her skirt and the more detailed shading in her tail after I used my pencils.  Although I often use markers for the final detail shading and don't use pencils at all, I find pencils very calming to use.  And when I have an image like this, pencils are the perfect choice for me!
Because this is a mermaid I HAD to add Wink of Stella, but just to the Highland Heather areas.  Then I used some epoxy dots as "water" droplets. To give a soft background, I used Pool Party to stencil the fish scale pattern.

Stamps:  Stamping Bella Zodiac Girl Pisces
Copic markers: Highland Heather - BV0000, BV01, BV00; Blackbery Bliss - RV00, RV63, RV66; Hair - E35, E31, E37; Skin - E50, E30, E21
I apologize but I can't find where I wrote down the pencil colors I used!  If I do find them I'll post.
Stencil:  really old and of unknown origin

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Love this. The stencilled scales are a lovely contrast and set off that fabulous image perfectly. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have to tell you - I kept loading the preview page on the challenge post just so I could look at your card! This is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally thought mermaid when I saw these colors. This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete