11/17/2017

Peaceful Wreath

Happy Friday everyone!  I have one more peaceful Christmas card for you today.  This one is a bit more elegant than Wednesday's post.  I originally made it as part of the Bloom Art Stamps design team.
The main image is heat embossed in white on white card stock.  I then sponged the background using several shades of blue.  I adhered it to a 5.25 x 5.25 inc card base in Baja Breeze.  I chose the blue base color after I had sponged the background.  I found it easier to match the card stock to the background rather than trying  to get the sponging just right.

The bird is stamped in red on red card stock and fussy cut out.  I die cut "peace" in white and 3 pieces of red.  I stacked these together to give it depth and a slight red edge when seen at an angle.  I really like that effect.

For some added sparkle and interest I added a bit of silver twine and red sequins.

Stamps: Bloom Art Stamps Seasons: Wreath Birds Butterflies - Artist Series by Yuqi Lu

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.  To be notified of future blog posts please sign up for email notifications.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment