11/01/2017

Mermazing Mermaid



Hello!  Today I have a card made for weekly color challenge #245 (October 17, 2017) at CAS Colours & Sketches.  Mermaids are some of my favorite things to color.  They offer so many possibilities with respect to color – anything goes!

This card is pretty straightforward.  To match the challenge colors – Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy – I used the corresponding card stocks and my Copic color chart to match the colors (see the linked post for more information).


I decided to use the coral color for her hair and stick with an actual person color for her body, but I did think about making her blue or green.  In the end I thought she might look sickly or cold!  I coated her tail in several coats of Wink of Stella.  And although I colored several accessories I ultimately did not use the turtle.

The background is stenciled with blue ink and the panel is mounted on a green glitter card stock base.  It is difficult to adhere anything to glitter paper; in order to do so I cut a rectangle from the center of the green glitter paper and stuck the resulting frame to the card.  Then it was easy to use foam tape on the back of the mermaid panel to put it on top.

Stamps and dies: My Favorite Things Mermaizing and MFT Tag Builder Blueprints 5
Copic markers: Flirty Flamingo R14, R12, R00; Lemon Lime Twist YG03, YG01, YG 00; Night of Navy B32, B34, B32

Thanks for visiting today.  Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. To be notified of future blog posts, please sign up for email notifications.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment