11/16/2020

Sweets and Gingerbread

I'm the hostess this week at Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge.  My colors are Real Red, Cinnamon Cider and Purple Posy with Gingerbread for dessert.

This card is a bit out of my style and was a little challenging to make.  At one point I asked myself what was I thinking when I chose those colors?!?  I had ideas but they didn't involve a lavender and a red!

In the end, I was really happy with how this turned out.  It certainly says gingerbread to me.  I used a lace edge punch that I have had for YEARS and never used.  It along with the embossed panel creates a great lacy background for my little men.

To get enough "sugar" on the card I used Versamark ink and Heat 'n Stick Powder along with Dazzling Diamonds glitter to cover the peppermints and candy canes.  I tried it on the greenery as well, but that was just too much - LOL!

I'm not much of a bow tie-er so that was interesting.  Not sure how I got such a nice looking one but after a few tries I ended up really liking how it came out.

This is one of those cards that took a long time to put together; probably because it was so different for me.  It just goes to show you that sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone has it's rewards!

Products used: (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated; most are retired)

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Scensational Seasons, Candy Cane Christmas, Itty Bitty Christmas
  • Dies: Holiday, Poinsettia, Ornate Frames, MFT Circle Stax 1
  • Ink: Real Red, Purple Posy, Cinnamon Cider, Versamark
  • Accessories: Heat 'n Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, pearls, Stylish Scrolls Embossing Folder,  Red Glitter paper, Martha Stewart lace edge border punch

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature


1 comment:

  1. Love those sugary candy canes. Very sweet card in many ways.

    ReplyDelete