11/23/2020

Lots of Love at Christmas

My card this evening features the colors for this week's color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  Karen gave us classic Christmas colors - Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce and Pool Party - with "cute" for dessert.


Well, I'm all about the cute - I love making  cute cards.  This adorable Snowman and Reindeer die is from Cottage Cutz.  If you have never used a Cottage Cutz die, they are very simple to use.  Rather than cutting all the pieces individually, the die is one piece and cuts out all pieces with one pass through your die cutter.

Sometimes I will use up scrap and cut out of multiple colors but for this card I cut all the pieces from white cardstock and used Stampin Blends and ink to color the pieces.  It went very quickly.

I used a sponge dauber on the edges of the snow banks and snowman and blending brushes for the solid colors.  I love how you can get shading on your die cut pieces when doing this!

I hope you've enjoyed my card tonight!

Products used:

  • Dies: Cottage Cutz, Snowman and Reindeer, Cottage Cutz Stitched Circles, MFT Stitched Curves
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Christmas
  • Inks: Stampin' Up! Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce, Pool Party, Memento Black, Distress Oxide Vintage Photo and Walnut
  • Markers: Stampin Blends - Poppy Parade (berries & heart), Shaded Spruce (holly), Mango Melody (nose) Copic Markers - Black

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment