9/03/2020

What is an Artist Anyway?

The answer is simple - we're just children!  Sometimes stubborn children!

This card was made for this year's Dare to Get Dirty challenge at Splitcoaststampers and for this week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  I used the diagonal - tilted, coloring, blue (or the column - stripes, banner, tilted - because I just realized that works too!).

The stamp I used is actually only a single crayon so I created my border by image masking.  Then I used Distress Crayons to color.  I've never used them before but they sure are fun! I thought using them was particularly appropriate given the sentiment.  They feel very close to the crayons we used as kids but a bit softer.  After I colored, I used an aqua painter to blend.  Since each crayon is monochromatic it was very easy.

I need to find an image where I can blend some colors together and see how that goes!  Most of the images I color are pretty fine and I'm not sure how these would work since they have a fairly large tip.  I'll make sure to post when I do find a good image.

Here is this week's challenge at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!



We hope you'll join us - it is tons of fun!

  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn Color My World
  • Distress Crayons: Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Chipped Sapphire
  • Sentiment Strips: Simon Says Stamp Artist Sentart Believe in You
  • Paper: Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne your colourful crayons and stripy background make for a super fun card and that sentiment in not only apt, but so true! Super cute!! Thanks for going above and beyond this week!

    ReplyDelete