I'm the hostess this week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge where the theme is masculine or fall cards. As always you can choose your three elements to include on your card.
For my card I chose cat, pumpkin and orange/rust.
A funny thing about this card. It wasn't the first that I created. It was what I originally intended but as often happens what you think and what ends up on paper are two different things. I really wanted a non-traditional color combo for this card. But my original card was very traditional.
I think because I was also having to design a card for another challenge and I wanted this card to be similar, I combined the two idea and came up with a card that while beautiful, was NOT what I envisioned. Some will like it better! See below:
In fact, I love this card! But I also felt challenged to design a card like I had originally thought in colors and a style that did not immediately say "fall".
The design on the second card pairs very well with my dog cards from Tuesday. And today's card does as well.
What I like is that many of the same elements on all cards can give you dramatically different looks. The dog cards are very similar to one another. These two cards have a different feel from each other, but the pumpkins, cat and leaves here are the same.
I have a PDF with instructions on the four cards. There are a few elements that are essential to both cards - the punches, a foliage die and textured paper (either through embossing or pattern.)
any order with me between now and September 30 and use Hostess code
EZAMBBNF and I will send you a free copy of the new Holiday Mini
Place a $100 order with me, use Hostess Code EZAMBBNF and I will also send you a PDF of instructions to make all four cards (two dog and two cat cards), along with suggestions on how to add variety even without a die cutting machine! If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the code and you will receive the Hostess Benefits - and I will send you the PDF!
- Products: All Stampin' Up!
- Punch: Cat Punch
- Dies: Autumn Essentials, Tasteful Labels, Painted Labels
- Stamps: Tasteful Touches, Forever Fern
Paper: Whisper White Thick, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Mint Macaron, Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper, Vellum
- Ink: Crumb Cake
- Accessories: Linen Thread, Gold Hoops Embellishments, Gilded Gems, In Good Taste Elements, Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder, Forever Gold Laser Cut Specialty Paper, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
- Other products used are adhesive and ink blending tools which can be varied depending on your preference.
- Several of these products come bundled together for great savings. I used several products from these suites in today's and Thursday's cards: In Good Taste Suite Collection, Forever Greenery Suite Collection
For other ideas using the Forever Greenery bundle click here.