2/10/2020

Chocolate Helps

My card today is for this week's color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  And let me just say that Mango Melody is NOT my favorite color.  Yet when all was said and done, it pretty much took center stage on this card.
The colors to use are Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie and Pool Party.  Fortunately Stampin' Up! makes blends in those colors so I had less color matching to do.  I do like to use colors that are lighter than what SU offers so I usually add Copics to the mix.

After coloring with the markers I went back over the image with Prismacolor pencils.  I find I can get much more detailed this way.  It's a technique I learned many, many years ago using Prismacolor markers under the pencils. Sometime I will remember to take a before and after Prismacolor photo so that you can see the difference.
I decided to add actual buttons to the cart and thought I could save time by not coloring the wheels.  Well when I put the buttons on, even though they are slightly larger than the stamped wheels, you could see a bit underneath the buttons.  This is because the thread caused the buttons to be a fraction of an inch up from the paper. I ended up taking them off and coloring the wheels in the Pool Party.  No shading, just a flat color.  It is something I will do from now on when adding embellishments like this.  It didn't take much time at all.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Bundle Girl with Chocolate Bunny, Chocolate Sentiments
Dies: Queen & Co Simple Borders, MFT Dome Stax and Tag Builder #5
Paper: Doodlebug Happy Camper, Mango Melody, Chocolate Chip, Pool Party
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie ribbon, Subtles buttons
Markers: Stampin' Blends Pumpkin Pie Light & Dark and Copic YR000; Stampin' Blends Pool Party Light & Dark and Copic BG0000; Stampin' Blends Mango Melody Light & Dark and CopicY11; chocolate E25, E29, E21, E23; grass Stampin' Blends Mossy Meadow Light and CopicYG61; skin E01, E00, E11
Prismacolors: Mango - 916, 917, 1002, 1003; Pumpkin  118, 1033, 1032; Pool Party 905, 922, 1086; chocolate 1082, 947, 946, 945; grass 1005, 988, 1097; skin 933, 939, 997

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete