11/05/2019

Color Challenge Tuesday

For today's color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches I made a birthday card.  An old friend has a birthday soon and I wanted something delicate and pretty to give her as that fits her - she is both delicate and pretty!  The inside reads "Hope your day brings just what it should...happiness, health & everything good."
The colors this week are Highland Heather, Mango Melody and Poppy Parade.
These colors were challenging for me to work with; I think because I'm not a big fan of Mango Melody.  I find it very bright and almost overpowering.

So for this card I created a watercolor wash with the Mango Melody and the Poppy Parade on a large sheet of mixed media paper.  That toned down the Mango quite a bit.  I cut my butterflies from this sheet and then sponge the edges with the Poppy Parade to add more contrast.

For my background I used the Highland Heather both full strength and sometimes stamping off once.
I finished the card by adding a few rhinestones.  The stamp sets I used are very versatile.  The butterflies are part of a larger die that can be snipped into smaller butterflies.  And the sentiment set has lovely sentiments appropriate for many occasions.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Beauty Abounds, Special Celebrations
Dies: Stampin' up! Butterfly Beauty
Ink: Highland Heather, Mango Melody, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Rhinestones

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment