5/10/2019

Sending a Thousand Hugs

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for Mother's Day?  I am - I know that I will get a delicious meal complete with great company and I don't have to do any of the cooking or cleaning!  My card today could be used for Mother's day or any other occasion where you want to say "you're special."
I knew I wanted to use this bunny - I think he's adorable.  He is supposed to be holding a carrot but  for this purpose I wanted him holding a flower (or flowers).  After cutting them all out I decided that one was enough in his arms.

I used this week's sketch at Splitcoaststampers for my layout.  This made it go fairly quickly.  I just had to pick out the paper - which took a little time since I knew I was going to cut everything from white and match colors; I wanted to be sure I had ink that was fairly close.
I originally planned to use just Distress Oxide ink and did so for the bunny - Pumice Stone for him and Tattered Rose for his ears.  However, I found that I had some Stampin' Up! dye inks that matched the paper I so I went with those - Gumball Green, Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo.  I used a black Copic marker to color his nose and eyes.

Next I made an A2 card base from white card stock and added a yellow strip of washi tape.  This is a little bit a departure from the original sketch but the base needed just a little something.  The yellow added it. Varying a sketch just a LITTLE bit is usually allowed in sketch challenges, after all it is your interpretation of the sketch.  But when if can't tell that you've even used the sketch - you've gone too far!
This is the type of card that you can make to have on hand and then finish the inside to fit the occasion!

Dies: Cottag ecutz Carrot Patch Bunny, Sending Hugs Bear, Spring Grass, Double Stitched Rectangles
Ink: Distress Oxide Pumice Stone and Tattered Rose, Stampin' Up! Gumball Green, Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo,
Paper: Lawn Fawn Spring Fling
Stamps: Essentials by Ellen Lovely

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment