11/23/2018

Making Multiple Cards

Happy Black Friday!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now it's time to get ready for Christmas.  The last few years our Christmas has been rather last minute, but this year I've already started shopping and the tree will go up this weekend.

Even after my Thanksgiving cooking I'm still in the mood for more - sort of.  I'm featuring cookies today, only they are made out of paper!


This card is made from die cuts and goes together very quickly.  Handmade Cookies 1 and 2 are two dies that can be run through the Big Shot together and each die cuts four cookies at once.  Run them through your Big Shot several time you'll have lots of cookies!  I used six cookies for this card.  As long as you don't mind the cards being slightly different just use six different cookies on each card you make.
To keep these easy I use Kraft paper for the cookie base and glossy white card stock for the icing.  Adding self adhesive sheets to the back of the white makes assembly super quick.

I placed the cookies on the card but did not glue them down.  This helped me position my sentiment and then I used my stamping platform to stamp it in red.  Keep the stamping platform loaded up and you could print off multiples in no time!

I glued most of the cookies to the card base, but used foam dots to pop up the tree and the angel.  Finally I added a few sequins for sparkle.
This card goes together quickly and would be perfect for making multiple cards.  It is also relatively flat for mailing (totally flat if you eliminate the foam dots under the angel and the tree.) 

I kept my card simple.  But I really had to resist the urge to "sparkle up" those cookies!  Just like real cookies, you could get pretty fancy in your decorating.  Add some Nuvo drops, Stickles, glitter, etc!  The possibilities are endless....

The secret to making multiple cards is to keep it simple and economize your work.  The ability to make a bunch of cookies at one time makes this card easy.  And a stamping platform (I used my Stamparatus) is essential for the stamping.  If you don't own one you should put it on your list to Santa!  You could even send Santa the link below ;)

Dies:  Cottage Cutz Handmade Cookies 1, Cottage Cutz Handmade Cookies 2, Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Nested Rectangle
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Merry Messages
Card stock: Stampin' Up! Glossy White, Stampin' Up! Retired Christmas paper, Kraft
Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Red
Accessories: Stamparatus

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.
  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment