9/26/2024

Hello Pumpkin!

Happy fall! I love this time of year and look forward to cooler days. I also love autumn colors and creating with them. This cute card is for this week's Team O board at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

 

I played the left column down - Harvest, Plaid and Twine but also used other elements - Orange, Die Cut and Metallic.

I love how this little pumpkin owl turned out and since I'm not sure who I would send it to, I think I will leave it out as a fall decoration. This is a "fold-it" card from The Stamps of Life. They have many different themes of these dies and they do make for adorable decor. There are two different reindeer and a sleigh dies which I plan to make for Christmas.

This owl took a bit longer than anticipated because while trying to unclog my liquid glue it suddenly gave way and I had a huge puddle on my desk! Fortunately I have a glass mat  so it cleaned up fairly easily but not before some of the glue got on the wrong side of the paper. And so I have a metal leaf on the top of the pumpkin - to cover the paper that ripped when I was trying to remove excess glue. As it turns out I think it was a great addition and I'm glad a had that embellishment.

For the sentiment I used my label maker; something I have started to do when I want a custom sentiment. I also used Distress Oxide inks to shade the edges of the die cuts.

Products used:

  • Dies: The Stamps of Life Pumpkin Owl Fold-It
  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie, Delightful Dijon, Echo Park Celebrate Autumn
  • Ink: Distress Oxide, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss 
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Linen Thread, Copper Clay Ribbon and retired leaf

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment