12/25/2017

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday surrounded by family and friends.  Today's card celebrates family and friendship.  Santa brought our family a fun gift today - DNA kits to trace our heritage.

So of course Santa needed cards.

These were really fun to make and went together pretty fast (three cards in three hours) considering the amount of coloring to be done.  I often try to match the card recipient's hair color and skin tone but in this case I wanted variety (who knows what will turn up in those DNA samples!)
I probably used 75% of the E markers that I have.  I shaded hair and skin but I did not spend time shading the clothing.  Clothes and the photo background were colored flat.

For the card background I used Altenew's Peace on Earth stamps.  This set comes with Merry Christmas in around 14 or 15 different languages.  I stamped them in Versamark on a Crumb Cake background.  If I had to do it again, I'd make them a bit closer together, but I think it works anyway.

When adhering the photo I added washi tape to give it that put-up-on-the-refrigerator feel.

Stamps: Mama Elephant Photo Bomb, Altenew Peace On Earth
Die: Lawn Fawn photo frames
Copic markers:  To numerous to list - see above :)

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a Merry Christmas!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment