10/25/2017

Sketched Flowers

Hi everyone!  Today's card was also made for the CAS Colours and Sketches sketch challenge this week.  It's always fun to see how different people interpret the same sketch.  And it's interesting to do the challenge several times to interpret it differently yourself.
I found myself thinking I should move the sentiment because I had already done that (see yesterday's post) but then I remembered - it's a sketch challenge and certain things shouldn't be radically altered - like where elements are placed!  But there are ways to add variety.  Here the sentiment strip goes all the way across the card.  Yesterday it was only part way.

For this card, I stamped three of the same panel.  I only needed two panels but since precision was key here I knew I'd be starting from square one if things got messed up on one of them.

The purple and blue flowers are only one color.  The lighter color is stamped off.  To do this in the MISTI I placed a sheet of computer paper over my card stock, stamped it, then removed it and stamped my card stock.  It gave me a great lighter image.
I wanted to add some interest without adding another element to the sketch.  So I die cut a stitched window in one of the panels.  (This particular die cuts "stitches" on both sides of what is being cut which finishes the negative piece nicely and makes it more useful.)  I lined up my panels one on top of the other and used foam tape to add a little dimension.  The sentiment strip is adhered to the top panel directly.

And as a bonus, since I didn't need the extra panel, I can now make a reverse card with the stitched square raised over that extra panel!

Stamps: MFT Sketched Blooms, Impression Obsession Words for Art
Inks: Stampin' Up! So Saffron, Delightful Dijon, Sweet Sugarplum, Lost Lagoon, Kiwi Kiss, Black
Dies: MFT Inside Out Rounded Squares


Thanks for visiting today!  Remember to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!  Sign up for email notifications for alerts on future blog posts.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. OH JEANNE

    Ha - OK I'm totally inspired by how you did this. I love everything, the way your sentiment goes right across, they die cut window and the stamping and colors. It rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is as cute as your feather card, Jeanne! Love the highlight spot and your sentiment on black paper! Keep your creative juices flowing!! Hugs Cathy CC&S DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch, I'm glad you played along as well . Thanks for joining us at CC&S and good luck .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love the layered stamping! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S - and for submitting for the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and inspiring. I love the stamps you have chosen and the little die cut window is a fabulous feature. Lovely to see you in the CC&S gallery and joining in on the DT call too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! The die cut window is a perfectly clever way to add an extra bit of interest, but keep the integrity of the sketch intact. Genius! I'm glad you decided to join in our DT call at CC&S - best of luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Jeanne! Love the color choice and your take on the sketch. Thanks for throwing your hat in the ring for our CC&S DT openings.

    ReplyDelete