7/14/2017

Welcome to my blog! This is my first post and I thought the quote on this card appropriate for the occasion.  While I have been meaning to share for awhile (and even had this site set-up) I finally decided that the only way to get started is to START. So here is my small start:





This card was an experiment in techniques that I had not tried before - no-line coloring and Distress Oxide inks.  I used Stamping Bella Tiny Townie Water Lily stamped in a light beige; then I colored her using a Copic marker underlay with Prismacolor pencils on top.

The background was very fun to make! (And messy too which made it that much more fun.)  I stamped Broken China and Cracked Pistachio oxide inks on a craft mat, misted with water then layed my paper in it.  I did this several times, alternating between using one of the colors or both (they will mix a bit on the mat) and  drying with a heat gun in between colors. At one point I used a small amount of Faded Jeans ink.  I love these inks!  When you dry them before adding another color they layer beautifully, and they dry to a gorgeous matte finish.

I did not start out to make this particular card, but I felt the background looked very Impressionist - Monet to be exact - so what better focal point than Water Lily!  As for the sentiment, I looked for a Monet quote but Van Gogh was the closest I could get. At least he's an Impressionist.

Stamps used: Stamping Bella Tiny Townie Water Lily, Danielle's Favorite Art Quotes
Distress Oxide Inks: Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans
Prismacolor Pencils: too numerous to name!

Thanks for visiting!!!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love this card. I am not a color-er. I would love to be able to color. My eyes are an issue as well as shaky hands. (My stuff usually looks like a first grader did it.) I love to look at other's projects, though. Your coloring is fab!

    ReplyDelete