8/16/2017

Using Brusho Powders

Good morning!  Today's card uses Brusho Crystal Colours.  These are intense powdered paints and are fun to use.  The results are always unique and beautiful while the colors are bright and translucent.
Brusho Crystal Colours
I first took a panel of watercolor paper that was slightly larger than an A2 card and sprinkled it with the Brusho powders.  Then I spritzed it with water and let the water run by tilting the paper.  The powders dissolve quickly but you can see in places where it still retains some of the look of being sprinkled and somewhat powder-like.

Because I tend to be impatient, I used a heat gun to dry the paper, leaving it just damp.  At this point I stamped the large butterfly and honeycomb images so the edges would soften due to the moisture.  For the images I wanted clearer, I waited until the panel was dry to stamp.  I tore the edges of the panel for a more organic feel and mounted it to an A2 card.  The small butterfly was punched out and I adhered just the body so I could fold up the wings slightly.

My cards are often very controlled and tight, so the Brushos are a fun medium for me to play with.  They take me out of my comfort zone.  I've posted other cards where I've used Distress inks to create loose backgrounds, but even those are a bit more controlled than the Brushos! 

Stamps - Stampin Up! Butterfly Basics
Inks - Brusho Crystal Colous; Stampin Up! Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Tangelo Twist 
Punch - Stampin Up! Bitty Butterfly punch

Thanks for visiting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment