8/14/2017

Fairy Tale Wishes

This is a card created as a Guest Designer for Cottage Cutz dies.  I love the Wedding Horse & Carriage and Wedding Chapel dies - they remind me of Cinderella! So I wanted to create a birthday card for a girl who loves fairy tales or could be used as a wedding card (just change the "wish" to "celebrate"!)

I cut the cardstock to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and scored it at the 4 1/4 mark to make a top folding A2 card.  All pieces except the word "Wish" are cut from the same vanilla cardstock and colored with Copic markers.

I used E37, E39, E47, E49 for the horse and cool greys - C00, C1, C4, C5 - to shade the carriage and wheels.
The chapel was colored with E50 and E 51 and warm greys - W3 and W5 - for the roof. The rose was colored in the same manner using R81, R83, R85 and G82, G94, G99.
To create the horizon line in the background I cut a free form mask using scissors. Then I used a sponge and a few shades of blue and green ink to create the grass and sky.  The white panel is slightly smaller than the front of the card.
I cut another panel out of vanilla cardstock the same size as the card front.  From this I cut an oval using the largest oval die from Basics Oval Set and embossed it to give it some additional interest.
 I played around with the arrangement within the frame and decided to have the steeple of the chapel outside the frame.
The last things added were the word "Wish" and the rose.  I did need to trim one set of leaves off the rose to fit the space.  I also added rhinestones to the center of the wheels.

Dies - Cottage Cutz

Thanks for visiting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment