8/21/2017

Aloha Card

Aloha everyone!  This morning's card was made for last week's color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge.  The colors are Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry and since they remind me of the tropics I decided to go with an Hawaiian theme.
I used Altenew's Totally Tropical stamp set and fussy cut out the flowers.  The flowers are wo step stamped.  I had fun trying out color combinations and it amazed me how many combinations you can get using just three colors.
For the sentiment I wanted to have the "aloha" in the negative space of white layer.  To do this I cut the Aloha from the white layer, then laid the word into the space left by the die, and finally laid out the small pieces in the word. When I lifted the word Aloha out, all pieces were perfectly placed.
You can see from the first photo that I used the coral for the sentiment.  After all was said and done, I didn't like the sentiment in the yellow so I cut it out of the coral and laid it into the negative space creating an inlay of the sentiment.

I used a stencil with light grey ink to create the background.  The angled shapes were created using Blueprint dies from My Favorite Things.

Stamps - Altenew Totally Tropical
Stencil - My Favorite Things Weave
Sentiment - Lawn Fawn Die Aloha
Dies - My Favorite Things  Blueprints 7 & 10
Card stock - Stampin Up! Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay
Ink - Stampin Up! Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate

Thanks for visiting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great stamping and I love the colour combinations you tried out. Thanks for joining us on this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous use of the colours! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete