8/09/2017

Adding Emphasis with a Die Cut

Today's card features a graphic image emphasized using a die cut.
die cut, bird, bloom art stamps
I created the background using distress oxide inks on craft mat and dipping the paper in them. I heat set the inks between layers. I stamped the bird in Chocolate Chip then inked the edges in Early Espresso and stamped again. To add some emphasis on the bird  I used a stitched circle die to cut out the bird's chest and head and a stack of circles in Early Espresso card stock.  This method of adding dimension does several things - it gives a bit of color to the edge of your piece that is popped up off the card, it adds stability to the card, and it emphasizes your focal point in very subtle way. 

I've started using this method recently and I love it!  The only caveat is that you need to be precise in lining up the die cuts so your stack is straight.  I normally use Tombow glue so I have a little time before it sets up and is permanent.

Stamps - Bloom Art Stamps Spring Bird

Thanks for visiting!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment