4/09/2018

Tips for Making Cards in Quantity

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend.  Mine was VERY busy.  I went to Stampin' Up!'s OnStage in Las Vegas.  WOW - what a packed day.  It was wonderful and there are a lot of exciting things coming with the new Annual Catalog!

Today's card is the one I created to swap with others at OnStage.  It's fairly straightforward to make and I was able to make 24 in about two hours.
I don't think I've ever crafted that fast before!  I did simplify the swap card a bit compared to this one.  I did not put a sentiment on it and I used a 3/4" wide strip of the striped paper rather than the curved one.  The curved edge uses the curve from the Swirly Framelits set and it just took too much time to position, cut and then release all the parts I DIDN'T want.  A minute or two really adds up when you're making a larger quantity of cards.  In this case it would have been an extra 45 minuted I didn't have.  So I used a straight strip down the side and it achieved the same basic look in less than a quarter of the time.

Another thing that helped this go quickly.  I used just a small bit of snail adhesive to lightly hold the vellum leaf and ribbon down.  What really keeps it all in place are the dimensionals that are on the back of the flower.  I didn't waste time gluing the underneath parts down when I knew that the flower on top would keep things in place.

These are things to be aware of when making invitations, cards for holidays, etc.  Getting the most bang for your buck is key.  I used the Stamparatus (available in June for those who were not able to order it at the end of last year) and that helped immensely.   The two lids allowed me to quickly stamp the background leaves in two different colors.


Stamps: Oh So Eclectic
Dies: Eclectic Layers , Swirly Scribbles Framelits
Save 10% on the bundle
Paper: Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper, Vellum, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Berry Burst, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy
Accessories: Lemon Lime Twist Mini Striped Ribbon, Tutti-Frutti Adhesive Backed Sequins

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment