4/20/2018

CAS Mother's Day Card

Mother's Day will be here before you know it, so today I have  a clean and simple Mother's Day card that I also posted in Splitcoast Stampers color challenge this week.  The colors are Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow and Soft Sky.
I used the Cottage Cutz Garden Frames die which cuts three separate circles with motifs that can be combined or used alone.  I used all three with each layer in one of the challenge colors and die cut the word Happy.
Next I layered the circles and glued them together to form a medallion.
For the front I cut an A2 panel, stamped the splatters in Soft Sky and used a stamping platform to stamp "Mother's Day" in Blackberry Bliss.
I adhered the medallion to the front panel.

Finally, I added some faceted crystals to give it just a little bling. I used Stampin' Up's Crystal Effects (Glossy Accents works also) to adhere them.  A tip for the crystals - glue them upside down with the flat side facing up and the facets pointing to the card.  I tried gluing them with the flat side down but light couldn't get into them from underneath and they didn't sparkle much.  This way they sparkle a whole lot more!

Dies: Cottage Cutz
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Touches of Texture and Crazy About You


Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment