4/13/2018

Live a Little

Today's card features only die cuts and was created for two challenges on Splitcoast Stampers.  I love the flowers in these die sets because they are ultra versatile.  You can put these together many ways to come up with some really gorgeous flowers.
Here is the color challenge: Crumb Cake, Powder Pink, Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip
And this is the sketch challenge:
You see I varied a little from the sketch by substituting flowers for stars and I used a Double Stitched Rectangle as my bordered frame in the center.

I sponged the edges of my flowers in Powder Pink and used a cotton swab to add Wild Wasabi ink to the center of the flowers.
I used a stack of three Chocolate Chip rectangles glued together with a rectangle of Crumb cake on top.  The stack adds just a hint of the dark brown. Before gluing the rectangle stack to the Crumb Cake card base, I added the branch cut from Crumb Cake die under the stack.  It is very subtle and adds an embossed look to the card. 
For the flower on the upper corner I added some Powder Pink ink to the petals and also to the stamen.
I am quite pleased with this card and how it fits the challenges. 

Dies: Cottage Cutz Garden Botanical 1, Garden Bird, Live Laugh Love and Double Stitched Rectangles

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment