2/16/2018

Sweet Spring Fox

Years ago we had a fox pair that lived under a huge cedar tree near our backyard.  We saw them (and their eventual litter) for one spring.  Ever since then I've had a soft spot for foxes.  I have this sweet fox die that was begging to be used.  And as with Tuesday's card I kind of knew what I wanted to do but not totally.  Even though many (if not most) of my cards do not turn out as I had envisioned, I usually start with a plan.  This was the same except I didn't have much of a vision beyond "flowers behind the fox".
I had an idea for my palette of colors but nothing specific.  So I started by using a flower/foliage die and cutting it in multiple colors.
Then I played with the colors and arrangements and eventually decided on these flowers in the blue family.  I'm starting to like just die cutting a bunch of flowers and playing with the arrangements.  It makes for quite a few extras that can be used later for more cards!  The fox is cut from Cajun Craze cardstock with his chest and tail tip in Very Vanilla.
I assembled the fox and colored his eye and nose with a black multi-liner pen. Then I die cut a stitched panel and arranged the flowers.
I used an embossing folder to give interest to the card front.  It is actually a panel that is cut to the same size (A2) as the card front and adhered to it.
 
Finally, I used foam dots to adhere the fox between the flowers and foam tape to pop the stitched panel up off the card face.
This card would be super simple to recreate with any critter or flowers dies or punches, and any embossing folder.  These dies are from Cottage Cutz and the EF is from Stampin' Up!  It is generic enough to be a birthday, thank you, or just thinking of you card.

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you enjoyed today's card and get a chance to do something creative this weekend.

Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment