2/09/2018

More Watercoloring and Some Odd Little Dogs

Okay - I'll admit it.  This stamp set is a bit unusual.  It really amused me when I purchased it but then I then realized that it could be a bit difficult to color and use.  Definitely not for everyone.
The style just doesn't lend itself to realistic shading. And it doesn't really require natural dog colors either.

I wanted to participate in this week's color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers - Wild Wasabi, Wild Wisteria and Soft Sky. 
 
Normally I try to think of things that could actually be the colors used in the challenges, but this week I wanted to do something a bit out of the box.  And so the combination of colors and dogs was born!
I colored the dogs loosely in watercolor using the challenge colors and a bit of light grey for the shadow. 

The stamps are all individual dogs so I created masks to make a little family group.

The sentiment is die cut and inlaid back onto the card.

I hope you enjoyed this card.  It was an experiment for me and certainly took me out of my comfort zone for images.  I was a little unsure of it at first but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

Stamp: Indigo Blu "Duke's Gang"
Die: LaLa Land "Woof"

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment