2/14/2018

Copic Markers with Prismacolor Valentines

I collect Gorjuss Girls stamps.  I say I "collect" because, although I buy and love them, I rarely actually USE them.  So I think that makes me a collector.
Gorguss Girls
Today I used two of them!  YAY!! These are from the mini collection which works better for A2 size cards than the regular sized stamps. I consider them a bit of an experiment since I normally like the stamps colored in rather dark tones similar to what is seen on the packaging.  But I wanted to try something different so I lightened things up and used brown for shading rather than black.
I wasn't (and I'm still not) completely content with them.  I think the background helps with the colors.  But since these are Valentine's cards for my daughters, I had to know when things were good enough and stop there.  It's not that they are bad - they just aren't what I had envisioned in my mind. I went down a creative path and it didn't take me quite where I was hoping to go. But that's okay - now I have a reason to try coloring these again using a different palette!

I used a very light base color of Copic markers.  Then I went over that with Prismacolor pencils.  When I was almost finished I used Gamsol for some blending.  After using Gamsol I rarely go back in to add color, but I did here.

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope you enjoyed today's post.  And I hope it shows that not every card turns out as you intend, but that it can still yield good results!

Inks: Copic Markers with Prismacolors
Stamps: Gorjuss Girls Little Heart and Little Love

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment