2/12/2018

A Double Duty Card and More Watercoloring

It's almost Valentine's Day, so bear with me as I make a few more cards with that theme.  Today's card is made for a friend with a Valentine's Day birthday. 
I wanted it to have a Valentine's feel but not too much of one.  I thought the heart made from roses was perfect for this.

I used ZIG Kuretake Real Brush Pens to color the card on Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  I really like mixed media paper for watercoloring cards.  It is smoother than cold press watercolor paper and does well with washes.  And it takes stamps well.  If I were doing some heavy duty watercoloring I probably wouldn't use it, but for a card like this it's great.

This card was made with the same stamp set and using the same technique as last Wednesday's heart card.

I'm entering this card in CAS-ual Friday's February 2 challenge - Hearts, Hearts & More Hearts

Stamp set: Simon Says Stamp Roses for You, MFT Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes
ZIG Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Pens

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love your rose heart! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete