2/05/2018

A Gnome Valentine - Copics with Prismacolor

Today I'm sharing the card I've made for my husband for Valentine's Day.  I still haven't quite finished it. I  have plans for the inside and I'll post it later.
Stamping Bella
The scene uses three Stamping Bella stamps and masking.  It wasn't too difficult.  Neither the left mushroom or boy gnome are intricate so the masks were simple to cut.  

I had a great time coloring this card.  I picked the colors based on the background paper I decided to use and used Copic markers for the base color.  I did do quite a bit of shading and could have left the image with just the markers but I wanted more detail.
The image on the left is just Copic markers and the one on the right has Prismacolor pencil over the marker.  I also used gamsol to blend.  You can see there is more depth on the right one but both would be fine to use. I usually color two images at a time, so I may use the left one as is for another card.  Of course, I'll have to find an appropriate occasion or sentiment to change it from a "love" card.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Lovey Gnomes, Tiny Townie Fairy Garden Fairy, Tiny Townie Fairy Garden House
Dies: Cottage Cutz Live Laugh Love, Technique Tuesday Charming Hearts, Stamps of Life Sailboat Die
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Stampin' Up! Calypso Coral, Pool Party and A Little Foxy DSP
Copic markers: R00, R02, R25, E00, E50, E11, E21, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37,  BG000, BG10, BG13, B0000, G43, G46, T0, T1, T2, T4, C00, C0, C1, C2
Prismacolors: all warm greys, 10% & 20% cool grey, 1082, 941, 1033, 941, 939, 927, 1001, 921, 905, 992, 105

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment