11/27/2020

Who's Watching Who Safari Card

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving even if you couldn't be with friends and family this year.  We had a virtual get together instead of the usual 20+ people we normally have at our house.  I'm already planning on a big party for next year!

And now to my card for today.

This adorable gang is out looking for you on their people photo safari!  The die is part of the new release of Safari themed dies from Cottage Cutz and they are so sweet!

I thought they would be great for a stand-up card.  I know many of my friends display this kind of card long after their birthday or they get well (they are perfect for bedside get well cards); these critters are too cute to put away!

I kept this card in neutral colors and greens.   I thought about embossing the background with a woven embossing folder but ultimately decided upon this woven look paper.  To anchor it I used a green linen thread.  And I couldn't leave the sky behind them blank so I stenciled some clouds.

The critters are colored with blending brushes and Distress Oxide inks.  The edges are shaded with sponge daubers.  I used two colors - Antique Linen over Wild Honey - to get the more golden tone for the lion.  I love how the oxides can blend like that with a lighter tone over a darker one.  The leaves are in Stampin' Up! inks and I colored the camera and binoculars with Copic markers.  All are listed below.

This whole release is ADORABLE and it's on sale right now for Black Friday.  Check out the CottageBlog for samples of this release made by me and other members of the design team!

Products used:

  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Safari Adventure Gang and Safari Phrases
  • Stand Up Card die: The Stamps of Life 
  • Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Park Lane DSP (retired)
  • Ink: Distress Oxides Antique Linen, Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Ground Espresso, Wild Honey
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow
  • Accessories: Mossy Meadow woven linen thread


Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable!!! I'm going to have to go check out their site. I love a die cut card.

    ReplyDelete