11/30/2020

Gnome for the Holidays Box Card

Thanksgiving came late this year and now we're already in the home stretch for Christmas.  Whew.  I still have some Christmas cards to make.  One nice thing about being on design teams - by this time I have a lot of Christmas cards but no two are alike.  That's okay.  Last year everyone's cards were different and this year may be the same.


Tonight's card is for this week's color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  When picking the December colors LeAnn beat me to it and picked the EXACT colors I was going to pick.  I feel like I got a bonus.  Now there are two challenges where I love the colors!

This year I'm trying to actually use the stamps I purchase. It's a little like bailing out the Titanic with a teacup, but I am trying.  This gnome set has been sitting on the shelf.  So I pulled it out and colored 'em up!

I used Stampin' Blends and color matched the Gorgeous Grape with Copic markers.  No fussy cutting on these.  I used my Scan 'n Cut.  I call it the Kitchen Aid mixer of my craft room because like my mixer it takes longer to set up than actually use, but boy I would not want to live without it.  I'm looking forward to the day when I have an actual craft ROOM - not area - and can leave it set up.  Watch out world!


I recently purchased these Outside the Box dies from My Favorite Things and thought that the gnomes would make the perfect addition.  And how cute are they in this scene? 

If you've enjoyed my card this evening please sign up for email notifications of future posts!  See below.

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Gnome for the Holidays
  • Dies: My Favorite Things Outside the Box Level Up and Outside the Box Snowdrifts, The Stamps of Life extras4snowglobe
  • Paper/Cardstock: Balmy Blue, Whisper White, Snowflake Splendor, Dazzling Diamonds
  • Ink: Balmy Blue, Memento Black
  • Markers: Stampin Blends - Highland Heather light & dark, Balmy Blue light & dark;  Copic markers V000, B0000, V01, V12, V15, V17, E00, E11, N0, N1, N2, N3

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the chilly winter colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so different, does this design fold flat for posting?

    ReplyDelete