11/19/2020

Warm Hugs

It's another Team O challenge at TicTacToe Challenge blog and I have the pleasure of being the board designer this week!  A funny thing about being the board designer - that makes it harder to create a card.  When someone else tell me the parameters I have to use I'm okay, but boy is it indecision time when I make the parameters!  So this week I actually made TWO cards!


Here is my board:

My top card uses the middle row across and the bottom card uses the right hand column.

I had fun making these but I knew I was in trouble when it seemed I had everything in my craft room on my desk while creating. That's when I know it will take forever and I'll have trouble making decisions.

However, my silver lining was that I created two cards that I really like!  I used the top one as my design team card because my coloring on the bottom one could be a bit smoother.  I may go back and try to even it out.

To be fair though, very often what appears smooth (or at least smooth-ish) to the naked eye does not look quite as smooth in a photo. Kind of like when you see yourself in a photo or on Zoom and think - do I REALLY have that many wrinkles!?!

I tried to give the feel of a sweater to both cards - one through the use of the stencil and the other with the embossing folder and the stitched edge.  I used my Scan 'n Cut on this image which allowed me to stamp the steam above the cup then cut it and the bear out as one.

I hope you enjoyed the cards today.  I love this set from My Favorite Things.  I can't wait to color some of the other critters! 

Products used:

  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Sweater Weather in the Woods
  • Dies: Stampin' Up! Coffee Cups, SU Stitched Rectangles, MFT Homespun Stitched Lines
  • Accessories: SU Greenery and Subtle Embossing Folders, SU Stencil, enamel dots, linen thread, wood wreath, Scan 'n Cut
  • Inks: Distress Oxide Vinatge Photo, Rusty Hinge, Antique Linen, Hickory Smoke
  • Markers: Stampin Blends - So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Copic markers - YR30, YR000, YG21, E99, Y0000, E41, E43, E44, E47, R01
Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

1 comment:

  1. I adore them both Jeanne! It's been a bit hectic on my end but I'm hoping to get back to playing along with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete