It's another Team O challenge at TicTacToe Challenge blog and I have the pleasure of being the board designer this week! A funny thing about being the board designer - that makes it harder to create a card. When someone else tell me the parameters I have to use I'm okay, but boy is it indecision time when I make the parameters! So this week I actually made TWO cards!
Here is my board:My top card uses the middle row across and the bottom card uses the right hand column.
I had fun making these but I knew I was in trouble when it seemed I had everything in my craft room on my desk while creating. That's when I know it will take forever and I'll have trouble making decisions.
However, my silver lining was that I created two cards that I really like! I used the top one as my design team card because my coloring on the bottom one could be a bit smoother. I may go back and try to even it out.
To be fair though, very often what appears smooth (or at least smooth-ish) to the naked eye does not look quite as smooth in a photo. Kind of like when you see yourself in a photo or on Zoom and think - do I REALLY have that many wrinkles!?!
I tried to give the feel of a sweater to both cards - one through the use of the stencil and the other with the embossing folder and the stitched edge. I used my Scan 'n Cut on this image which allowed me to stamp the steam above the cup then cut it and the bear out as one.
I hope you enjoyed the cards today. I love this set from My Favorite Things. I can't wait to color some of the other critters!
- Stamps: My Favorite Things Sweater Weather in the Woods
- Dies: Stampin' Up! Coffee Cups, SU Stitched Rectangles, MFT Homespun Stitched Lines
- Accessories: SU Greenery and Subtle Embossing Folders, SU Stencil, enamel dots, linen thread, wood wreath, Scan 'n Cut
- Inks: Distress Oxide Vinatge Photo, Rusty Hinge, Antique Linen, Hickory Smoke
- Markers: Stampin Blends - So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Copic markers - YR30, YR000, YG21, E99, Y0000, E41, E43, E44, E47, R01