11/24/2020

Happy Hour CAS Card

Happy Tuesday - it's hump day this week!  And time for another challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.  This week we have a sketch challenge.

Here is the sketch:


This card is one that looks so simple and is, but isn't.  Often, the simpler the card the more time it takes to create.  That's because everything needs to be just right.  There was a lot of measuring and light pencil lines to get everything here to line up.

When I first started making cards, if something went wrong I was told "it's an embellishment opportunity."  And for many cards that is correct and works beautifully.  However with a CAS card there are no embellishment opportunities.  If you have to add a layer or a banner or a flower, chances are it's no longer CAS!

I've had this stamp set since 2012 or 2013.  I loved it but could never get it to look how I wanted. First, it was wood mount and second, it was not two-step stamping.  The liquid was not a separate stamp from the glass and I always wanted the glass outlined in a different color.  I tried using  a Stamp-a-ma-jig with the wood stamps to line things up but that didn't work well.  I had this ready to be listed on eBay.  And then....

I got a stamping platform and I learned how to remount wood stamps as cling mount!

For this card I used my Stamparatus and stamped each glass twice.  First I colored just the liquid using Stampin Write markers (do not use alcohol markers) and then I stamped again after coloring the outline with a black marker.  And it worked this time!  I'm so happy I kept this set.  I love how this came out.  I even got a little bit of the Tequila Sunrise feel with a few marker colors in the hurricane glass.

I'll be using this set more often now that it's simpler to use.

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Happy Hour
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Black Onxy (sentiment)
  • Markers: Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Okay so I totally hear you regarding this stamp set. I love the new one that's in the catalogue with all the fancy glasses and the stamp to add the liquid, however I couldn't justify getting it. I'm going to unmount mine and try it out. Thanks for the post and your beautiful card. The tips are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to ask.....why markers over blends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blends are alcohol based and dry very quickly. The markers are water based and even after they dry a little you can huff (breathe heavily) on them to refresh the ink. That doesn't work with the blends.

      Delete
  3. I love this card soooo much!!! Such a fun tropical feel.

    ReplyDelete