11/15/2017

Peaceful Bunnies Christmas Card

Hi everyone!  I took a bit of a break after attending the Stampin' Up! event - lot's to catch up on at home. Spoiler alert!  Today's card is one that you may see in your mailbox if you're on my Christmas card list.
This was originally created for a color challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  I will probably switch up the background colors to be a bit more blue when I make this again.  But in a color challenge - rules are the rules, you need to use the colors stated or something very close! 

I die cut the front panel of the card using a My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle that was slight smaller than an A2 card size.  Using an Outside Stitched Circle that was slightly larger than the die used for the stars, I cut a hole in the panel.  On a square piece of white card stock a little bit larger than the hole, I blended Pool Party (light blue) and Tranquil Tide (teal) together using a blending tool.  Then I used the Starry Circle die to cut out the stars and adhered a piece of silver glitter paper to the back.  The star panel is glued to the card and the top panel is popped up using foam tape.

The bunnies are colored using neutral gray Copic markers.  Normally I would use warm grays for animals but since I was using silver I thought the neutral gray went better. The small bunny and "Peace" are glued directly to the front and the large bunny is put on with foam dots.

This card is very simple to make - the blending is the only thing that takes some time.  As I said, I intend to try it with bluer ink colors and may try it using a wet "splat" technique that will go faster.  I'll post it when I try it.

Stamps and dies: Lawn Fawn Upon a Star
Dies: MFT starry circle, Hero Arts peace, MFT stitched rectangle and outside stitched circle
Copic Markers: Neutral Grays 0-4

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.  To be notified of future blog posts please sign up for email notifications.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment