11/22/2017

How to Help in the Kitchen - Add Wine!

While the image on a card usually grabs my attention first, the sentiment is often what strikes me most.  And when I saw the sentiment stamp used on today's card I thought it was hilarious.  I'm having 21 people for dinner tomorrow and by the time we're sitting down to eat, I'll definitely feel this way!
The panel is 3 1/2 x 5 inches - an odd size for a card but I wanted it to fit in an acrylic frame that I have.  I cut the white card stock to that size and stamped the sentiment.  Then I used a Post-It note to mask it and stamped the main image (normally she has legs and feet).  After coloring, I die cut the image out and glued it to the plaid base.  It probably took me longer to decide on the colors for the small tags and exactly which plaid I was going to use than to color the image.  Does that happen to anyone else?

As usual, I colored two - "just in case"...and they both came out this time.  So I thought I would show you the color variation. (Sorry the photo is a bit blurry.)

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow - filled with friends, family and laughter!

Stamps: Stamping Bella Opal the Optimist, Funny Bones by Riley and Company
Copic Markers: Skin E50, E53, E11; Hair  E53, E35, E37; Dress BG70, BG72, BG75 or B91, B93, B95; Bow and Flowers E95, E97, E99; Leaves G43; Dots R85; Wine R83, R85, R89; Label YR 30, Y21, Y26
Dies: Lawn Fawn Inside Out Stitched Scalloped Rectangles, Technique Tuesday Charming Hearts
Paper: Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Fall and Perfectly Plaid Chill

Thanks for visiting!  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.  To be notified of future blog posts please sign up for email notifications.

 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment