7/17/2017

Happy Monday morning!  I thought this card would be great for a Monday morning.  I'm really into sentiments and I love this one.  We should all start off our week on a positive note - what a wonderful world!




The background on this card is made using the same technique I described Friday, but I used regular Distress Inks for the blue colors.  I love how luminous they are - they are translucent rather than more opaque like the oxide inks used Friday.  You can see the difference in the sand at the bottom.  I used the oxide inks there and they give a totally different effect.  I also added "bubbles" to the background by using a dot stencil and several colors of the ink along with heat embossing the dots with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is embossed in gold.

I colored the mermaid, the clown fish and the shell with Copic markers.  Her tail, the fish and shell are all covered in several coats of Wink of Stella.  I added glossy accents to the fish to give him some additional shine.  All are cut out using the dies for this set and popped off the card using dimensional dots.

Stamps/dies: My Favorite Things Birdie Brown Mermazing, Sentiment by Impression Obsession

Thanks for visiting!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment