7/19/2017

Edna and Ethel (kinda like Lucy and Ethel, only in the 21st century!)

Happy Wednesday morning!  Today's post features one of my favorite stamp characters - twice!  Stamping Bella's "Edna the Fairy Godmother".  And since I stamped her twice, I named the second one Ethel.  I'm featuring this card today since I will be visiting the friend the card was created for and the sentiment just fits the occasion.  (And we've been known to act like Lucy and Ethel.)


stamp masking, copic coloring, design decisions

I stamped Edna on the left and then created a mask for her hand with a post-it note.  Ethel was stamped on the right.  Both images are colored with Copic markers.  To get the translucent effect of the glass I colored Ethel's hair first (a bit lighter than the rest) then went over it with a colorless blender.  I then topped it off in BG0000.  This technique works well for creating a glass effect.

The layout took me awhile to decide but I liked the way the stripes countered the dots on their outfits and the scallop die mirrored the ruffles. The scallop dies has small holes which again mirrors the dots.  When choosing the papers and other elements for your card, making deliberate design decisions can really make the card standout.  I'll be discussing this in future posts.

Of course I needed to add some bling - so the glitter paper was a must!  Their wings are covered in several coats of Wink of Stella and I added the three rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment