8/10/2023

Shaped Cards

I'm the hostess this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge. I hope you like the board I've created; I wanted to do something summery and I thought these elements fit the bill.



I chose the bottom row across - stripes, embellishment and shaped card.  As usual I used more than just those three elements.

I love making shaped cards and "fold-its" or easel cards in particular.  This one however will need some doctoring. It doesn't stand up! It totally tips to one side. Right now it is a straight fold-it card and that's the issue. Usually these are great and stand on their own, but not the anchor (it may have if I had placed the fold on the side but I doubt it.) I  plan to cut off the back and make this into an easel card with a base. I know it will stand then but I need to figure out the base part

In any event, I think this anchor makes a great shaped card even if it doesn't stand on its own! And you can always adhere the anchor to the front of a regular card.

Products used:

  • Die: The Stamps of Life Anchor Fold-It
  • Paper and Embellishments: Stampin' Up! retired paper, ribbon and embellishments

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Jeanne!!! This anchor is fabulous! Sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne...thanks so much for turning me onto Stamps for Life! Their fold-it cards are so fun! This was a terrific idea! The addition of the charms is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your card! Enjoyed your nautical theme challenge board as well! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether it stands or not, this is a fabulous card! Love these colours too!

    ReplyDelete