7/26/2020

Two Times Reveal Wheel Card

I love Lawn Fawn's reveal wheel dies and the cards that you can make with them.  Unfortunately I get so caught up in making cards for other occasions/challenges/life that I rarely make one.  I know that interactive cards are ones everyone loves to receive.  These really aren't too difficult to make (especially now that you can purchase window templates) but since I wait so long between creating them, it always takes me a bit to remember how its done.
 I call this my "two times" card because I had to do just about each step two times! 
After coloring the typewriter, I got the dreaded Copic splotch when the marker decides to spill out on the paper.  Then I accidentally got a red mark in the upper left of the card.  I covered that up with a flower (a bit misplaced but acceptable) when I got a purple ink spot in the lower right!  So I ended up re-cutting, stamping and coloring the front panel.  And you can see what happened with my first attempt at heat embossing!

Fortunately none of these mishaps took very long to redo.  The Copic coloring was very minimal and simple, and re-stamping the flowers allowed me to get a better flower trail and use a few more colors!

Here is a short video of the card in action:  (thank you Katie for filming)
I made the card for two challenges this week - Splitcoaststampers Ways to Use It WC802 - What's Your Type and CAS(E) this sketch #382.  I flipped the sketch to allow for the reveal wheel.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn Just My Type and Love Poems, Flowers - Lawn Fawn Hello freebie and Hello Baby
Dies: LF Reveal Wheel Basic set and Square Window, LF Wavy Banners
Markers: Copics Warm and Cool Grays 0-6, RV91
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Real Read, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green
Paper: Lawn Fawn stripes

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment