7/29/2020

Santa After Christmas

What DOES Santa do after Christmas?  My guess is that he goes somewhere warm and has a cocktail! 
This stamp is several years old but I just love it.  I guess growing up in California, I can relate.  I have lived where we had white Christmases but I much prefer the surf to the snow!

I colored my image with a combo of Stampin' Blends and Copic markers.  After embossing the background I used ink and a sponge to distress it for a vintage feel.  Normally I would wrap the ribbon around to the back of the card but the jute was just too thick so it is cut off at the ends.  Three layers of green cardstock are used under the circle for some shading and color, then I popped it up using foam dots between, over and under the jute.

I designed this card using the sketch from this week's CAS Colours & Sketches
and the inspiration photo from The Card Concept.  The style for the Card Concept is a combo of the clean and layered with shabby chic/vintage.  The photo definitely says tropical Christmas!
Stamps: Stampin' Up! So Santa
Markers: Stampin' Blends Magenta Madness, Just Jade and Shaded Spruce Ligh & Dark; Copics E00, E01, E11, N0, N01, E30, E31, E34, B0000
Accessories: 3D Woven EF, Jute ribbon

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card! I love it, Jeanne! Wish we can now travel to somewhere warm and enjoy a cocktail like the stamp you have on it.

    ReplyDelete