6/30/2020

Timeless Tuesday Double Challenge Card

Today is the fifth Tuesday of the month and at CAS Colours & Sketches it means we have a double challenge - both sketch and colors.  The sketch is always one that was used previously and the colors are all retired Stampin' Up! colors.
I like these challenges because I find it fun to revisit old colors even though there really is nothing from stopping me from using them now.  But like so many things, when something new comes along I gravitate towards it.

This week the colors are Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue.  I used the current Bloom and Grow stamp and die set along with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.  The image is watercolored using the reinkers. This did take a little while as I wanted some depth and shading so I layered the colors.  This requires that the colors dry between applications.  I used a very light brown ink for the stamp and was considering restamping the image once colored (I used my Stamparatus) but decided against this as I liked the soft look without sharp lines.  I list substitute colors below which are currently available and are close to the challenge colors.

Here is the challenge:

Inks: Blush Blossom - retired, substitute color Petal Pink; Certainly Celery - retired, substitute color Pear Pizzazz; Bashful Blue - retired, substitute colors Balmy Blue or Seaside Spray
Cardstock: Whisper White Thick, Certainly Celery - retired, substitute Pear Pizzazz

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the combination of the scallops and the embossed texture.

    ReplyDelete