12/29/2017

Love Mail - A Die Cut Only Card

Good morning!  Hard to believe that Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Well maybe it's not that close unless you're a card maker and need to start making your cards!  This card is made using only die cuts.  As an added bonus, since I cut the pieces out of the various colors of card stock (rather than all white and coloring the pieces) I have enough leftover to make another card in the reverse colors!
For this card I picked the patterned paper first and chose colors based off of it.  I cut an A2 card base from Very Vanilla card stock, a panel for the front that is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches from the paper and a panel from Rose Red card stock using the largest of the Nested Stitched Eyelet Rectangles dies.
I used snail adhesive to glue the eyelet panel to the patterned piece.  I placed it at an angle that I felt was pleasing, then used my paper trimmer to cut the overage.

Very easy to do.  I have also done this with scissors if the amount of paper hanging off the sides is small.  However, I'm not that good with keeping the cut perfectly straight so I find the paper trimmer works best for me.
I cut the mail box and letters from Love Letters and the postmark and stamp from Love Postage using various colors that matched my patterned paper.
I played around with placement before gluing down.  I did cut off the branches from the mailbox post and added another letter and some small hearts (not shown in this photo). 

Dies used: Cottage Cutz Love Postage, Love Letters and Nested Stitched Eyelet Rectangle 

Thanks for visiting today.  Please follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!

I hope you have a great New Year's holiday weekend filled with fun and some time to be creative!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment