1/04/2021

Laugh Lines are Better than Worry Warts

Happy New Year!!! I'm so ready for 2021 and hopeful it will be less stressful than last year. To start off the new year I have a card for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  Karen picked some beautiful colors - Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana and Gorgeous Grape.  I don't know whether it's because we have a LOT of frogs in our yard right now or what, but when I saw these colors I immediately thought of making a frog card.

When I started this card I was tearing my hair out thinking what Stampin' Up products could I use with this card.  I had decided on this frog from SU because he is so darn cute.  I'm a demo (though not terribly serious at it) and thinking of SU products first is what I'm encouraged to do.  But when I decided to just go with products from any manufacturer it was much easier and more fun! I have products from many vendors and I love them all! (Well mostly love. I have made a few mistakes - LOL!)

I can tell when I'm having a good time with a card.  I have a bunch of stuff on my desk and I'm using it ALL.  When I'm not using it that means I'm not having fun, I'm just desperate. This time I was using it.

I got my inspiration from a similar card on Pinterest.  I used the sentiment "Ribbit" because I couldn't decide between "Hoppy Birthday to You" and "Laugh Lines are Better Than Worry Warts".  I'll put the appropriate sentiment in the inside when I give the card.

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Love You Lots, Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge, Technique Tuesday Felix the Frog (for sentiments not used)
  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Stitched Circles, Cottage Cutz Tropical Bouquet, MFT Stitched Rectangles, Technique Tuesday Felix the Frog (Ribbit)
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow, vellum
  • Ink: Memento Black, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends Granny Apple Green, YG21, N0
  • Accessories: Gorgeous Grape striped ribbon, pearls

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment