1/18/2021

Hey Chick, Happy Birthday!

It's a new color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  Barbara gave us some fun colors to work with.  They reminded me of St.Patrick's Day and I was heading in that direction when a order from Stampin' Up! arrived.  In it was the soon-to-be-released Hey.Happy Birthday Chick stamp and die.

The chickens seemed like they would work well with the colors so I thought "what the heck - let's try it!"

I'm not sure I was correct with that thought.  While I like this card, I don't think it is all that great.  In retrospect I should have made the Chicken white with a Cajun Craze head and tail and the balloon in the Call Me Clover.

I often make very quick mock-ups of the images I'm coloring to make sure I like what color is going where.  I didn't do that for this card and I now see I should have.  If I had had the time I would have made another.  Oh well....another day.

For the confetti background I used the stamp in the set but also added some to fill in some blank areas. It was very easy to do with a Copic friendly maker.   

I hope you'll join us this week for the challenge!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Hey, Birthday Chick
  • Dies: Stampin' Up! Birthday Chick and Stitched with Whimsey
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends - Cajun Craze Light & Dark, Call Me Clover Light & Dark, Copic markers - E02, G00, C0, C1, C2, C3, R89 (for Merry Merlot)

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

1 comment: