10/06/2017

Let It Snow!

Happy Friday!  Today's card is one I made as a Guest Designer for Cottage Cutz dies.  This card uses two dies from the new release.
I started with an 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 piece of white card stock that I scored and folded at the 4 1/4 inch mark.  Next I cut a panel that was slightly larger from Strathmore Mixed Media paper. I used a craft mat to wipe ink on direct from the pads, sprayed it with water and dipped the mixed media paper into it.  This method can get very messy but the backgrounds that are created are quite beautiful.  However, no two are alike so don't plan on using this method if you need a lot of the same card!
I did this several times, using a heat gun to dry between dippings.  When I was satisfied with the background, I cut the panel to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches.
Next I cut three ornaments from Soft Sky cardstock and one from Whisper White cardstock.  I stacked and glued the three blue ones together and topped it with the white.  This gives interesting dimension especially to items where foam dots or tape won't work well.  Here there is a nice blue shadow to the ornament.
When that was done I cut out three snowflakes from the Soft Sky cardstock and used Wink of Stella on top of the snowflakes and ornament.  I used three coats for lots of shimmer!  I glued the snowflakes to the front of the panel.
The sentiment was heat embossed in silver on a piece of velum that was 1 1/2 inches wide and a bit larger than the width of the watercolored panel.  I wrapped velum around the panel around so I could adhere it to the back.
Finally I added a piece of silver cord to the top of the ornament and glued everything in place. in place.

Dies - Cottage Cutz Snowflake Ornament and Snowflakes Set
Ink - Distress Ink in Faded Jeans and Broken China

Tomorrow is World Card Making Day - I hope today's post encourages you to be creative and make a card tomorrow!

Don't forget to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. To be notified of new posts please sign up for email notifications!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Background is amazing. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Christmas Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete