3/07/2023

Embossing Folders Add Interest

Happy Tuesday! I feel like I'm back to my card making self finally! For the past few months I've had some health issues and my mojo just has not been there. But most of it is behind me and I feel more myself.

My cards today use products from multiple companies. As I started pulling stuff out, I saw this from that manufacturer and that from another. I very often just stick to one or two on a card but not today! And I'm very excited about using my things and not just "collecting" them.


This is for the color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches and also for the challenge at Can You Handle the Pressure.

My second card is for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers where I am the hostess this week. I chose the colors so I could do a spring floral but I had nothing in particular in mind. Then a die I had ordered showed up and it was a done deal!

I used embossing folders on both cards. This is partly because I really like the Can You Handle the Pressure challenges and also because I'm getting more into embossing these days. (Probably why I like that challenge - it gets me to use what I have.) It's such a nice way to add background interest without a lot of fuss. And although I have made a vow to get out of kit clubs and auto-ship craft products (too much stuff!) I have kept my embossing folder club at Spellbinders. They are nice and big; you can even make slimline cards or A7 cards with them!

I hope you'll find time to join in one of the challenges this week!

Products used:

Card 1
  • Stamps: Altenew Botanical Garden (and dies to match)
  • Dies: MFT Inside & Out Stitched Ovals, Memory Box Hello Friend Posh Script
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party
  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Highland Heather, Basic White Thick
  • Embossing Folder: Spellbinders folder of the month February 2023 Hydrangea Blooms
  • Accessories: Studio Katia Round Drops 

Card 2

  • Dies: Spellbinders Four Petal Thank You Floral, Honey Bee Honey Cuts Hugs, MFT Inside & Out Stitched Ovals
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz
  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz
  • Embossing Folder: Spellbinders Four Petal Floral 3D
  • Accessories: Studio Katia Round Drops

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Love the embossing folders you used and the pretty blooms on the 2nd card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards and I like the embossed oval!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!! We started the challenge for embossing folders to get them out and out them to use since we ourselves seemed to neglect them, I too am a member of the spellbinders
    EB club, but belong to the 3D one which I seem to love those 3D's!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are just awesome, such CAS work...really loving them Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jeanne - the embossing folders add fabulous details to both cards! So glad you are rediscovering your crafting mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous friendship card, Jeanne! The embossed background is amazing. The second card is stunning, too.

    ReplyDelete