10/17/2022

Another Road Trip - Easel Card

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday so I have a birthday, not Halloween card for you tonight!  I used the new Woodie Wagon die from Anna Griffin to make this card. This die is so perfect for those of us of a certain age who remember riding around in station wagons with wood on the side. My husband just finished converting our SUV from a normal 4 wheel drive to one with a special off-road suspension and heavy duty tires. He did all the work himself and it took a few weeks but now he'll be able to take it wherever he wants to go. He's planning on camping and visiting National Parks in his retirement.


This die was fun to use and a bit intricate.  You don't have to paper piece or make the car two tone, but it sure looks good when you do.  I used Anna Griffin stickers for the pine boughs and cones but needed to use other ephemera for the travel themed pieces.  I had some fun Washi tape that looked like a road so I added it. 

 

I'm not sure it shows up well in the photos but I used silver for the chrome bumpers and hubcaps along with white on the tires and headlight.  Anyone remember white wall tires?! These aren't exactly white walls but are very reminiscent of them

I hope you've enjoyed the fun trip down memory lane.  Anna has some great easel dies (among others) and makes it look so easy.  But when you start to choose what ephemera to add and how much and where...well it's harder than it looks. There is definitely a learning curve, even with the colors to choose.  It makes a big difference but with patience the results are well worth it!  You get some very impressive cards.

I'll be posting more using Anna Griffin products in the months ahead.  I really enjoy using them as a different kind of crafting and cardmaking method.

I am entering this in the Sisterhood of Crafters Masculine Card Challenge.  (One we all should participate in because I know it's the one type of card most of us need and yet make the least!)

Products used:

  • Dies: Anna Griffin Woodie Wagon
  • Ephemera: Anna Griffin Woodland Holiday Stickers and Birthday Sticker from Create 7, Carta Bella Road Trip
  • Paper: AG Handsome, SU Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Silver Foil, Red, White, Wood (retired)
  • Accessories: Road Washi tape

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment:

  1. The Woodie wagon diecut is awesome (my husband would like it!). It's perfect for a male card.
    Lia DT TSOC

    ReplyDelete