8/15/2022

Duke's on Sun-Day Color Challenge Card

I'm the hostess this week for the Splitcoaststampers.  I chose Orchid Oasis, Polished Pink and Daffodil Delight with "summer" as my dessert.  This card is in keeping with my mystery theme this month.

The "Duke" on my card is for Duke Kahanamoku, who popularized surfing in the early twentieth century.  There is also a restaurant in Waikiki named for him; the first of a now chain of restaurants.  For certain individuals Duke's in Waikiki is THE place to be on Sunday!

The card is a Fold-It card made with the Surfboard Slimline die, Little Peeps Liam, moresand2stamp, sayings4sandcastles, summer4fun stamps and dies from the Seagull Class.

Although the surfboard alone will fit into a standard business size envelope I did make the card a bit wider by adding the sand at the bottom.  I only had 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock, so in order to make the card a top fold Fold-It, I made fold at the 5 1/2 inch point (about half way up the back).

Duke is colored with Copic markers.  The inside and most of the other elements are shaded using sponges or eye makeup brushes and ink.  I did use a Copic marker to letter the sign.


I hope you have enjoyed my card today.  Have you guessed my mystery theme yet?

Products used:

  • Stamps / dies: The Stamps of Life Little Peeps Liam, moresand2stamp, summer4fun, sayings4sandcastles
  • Dies: TSOL Surfboard Slimline Fold-It, Seagull Class
  • Ink: Polished Pink, Daffodil Delight, Orchid Oasis, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
  • Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Orchid Oasis, Polished Pink, Basic White, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends - Orchid Oasis Light, Daffodil Delight Light, Mossy Meadow Light; Copic markers - Orchid Oasis B60, B63; Polished Pink RV10, RV13, RV14; Sign - W1, W5; Skin - E30, E31, E34. E37, R20; Hair - E27, E59, E49, C9
  • Accessories: pearls and shell sequins

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment