12/10/2020

Using Distress Oxide Spray

Greetings!  It's time for another Team O challenge at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  This week I chose the bottom row - green, sequins, gold.

When I first saw this die I was struck by how pretty and versatile it is.  Although perfect for a Christmas card, it works great for a "thinking of you" or birthday card.  I left the front without a sentiment so I could choose how to use it, however since creating it I've decided that it will probably be for a winter birthday.

To create the background I used Distress Resist Spray which gave me some nice white snow-like sprinkles when I applied Distress Oxide ink in Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass with a blending brush.  I then used Distress Oxide Spray in Tumbled Glass for the blue sprinkles.

All of the image pieces were cut in white and colored with a combination of Distress Oxide inks, regular dye inks and Copic markers (the berries).    I used five different browns to get a variety of color and depth between the house, branch and pine cones.

I finished off the card by coating all the snow in Wink of Stella (it sparkles nicely in person but is hard to see in the photo), some gold thread and sequins.


Products used:

  • Die: Cottage Cutz Woodland Birdhouse
  • Markers: Stampin Blends - Real Red, Cherry Cobbler
  • Inks: Stampin' Up! Mossy Meadow, Old Olive; Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Ground Espresso, Gathered Twigs, Brushed Corduroy
  • Distress Oxide Sprays: Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters
  • Other: Distress Resist Spray, Wink of Stella

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous and perfect for a winter birthday! I'm hoping to get back to playing with you all this week.

    ReplyDelete